- First announcement: GIMP is currently being translated to Hebrew!
As a Hebrew speaker, I was very disappointed from the state of the Hebrew translation of GIMP. So, I decided to start and translate it, and I already fixed several bugs to make the translation to Hebrew easier.
The translation is going on well, and I'll start updating the main git repository with the translations soon.
- I have some progress on the PDF export from GIMP. Hopefully it will be committed this week - all the blocking issues were resolved and basically all I need to do is to connect the GUI.
- I did try to implement multicolored text support in GIMP (several colors in the same layer) and it failed for the most annoying reason - text in gimp was rendered as an alpha mask for a color layer.
Mitch fixed it recently, so this means that I'll be able to retry my patch somewhere soon.
After discussing it with Martin, I understood fixing this is not trivial, so I'm not going to do it anywhere soon...